browse by category or date or tag

July Summary

I took the first week of July off - headed back to Ohio for Pop’s funeral - but now it’s back to daily notebook posts! Goal is to do the following: Incorporate edits on proposal (ASAP) Finish first draft of paper (ASAP) Clean survey data to prepare for modeling (by end of month) [Read More]
Tags: writeup

June Summary

Alright, I’ve been working for a while without a post! That’s because I’ve been nearly entirely focused on writing, which I haven’t considered post-worthy. But after a lab meeting, Chris suggested making a quick summary of each day’s work, so I can still track progress without writing up full posts! So that’s what I’m doing! [Read More]
Tags: writeup

DNA Extraction Results

Last time, I went over my plan to extract DNA from 4 random samples from SE AK Tanner crab, collected in 2005. This year was chosen because it’s the earliest samples we have - therefore, if they’ve got good DNA, all should have good DNA. [Read More]
Tags: DNA extraction

Extracting DNA from Archived Samples

Well, it’s been quite a while! The good news: it’s because I finally finished my analysis and have been focusing practically entirely on the writeup + future grant applications (which I, maybe wrongly, didn’t feel like was worthy of lab notebook writeups). [Read More]
Tags: DNA extraction

WGCNA 4

Note: If you’re trying to follow my work chronologically, this is really more like WGCNA 5 - I did a small recap of some WGCNA work in my December Goals post (the previous one). [Read More]